Where: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe's innovation
Domain: Product Experience
Experience: 10+ years of tech industry experience
Degree: Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations.
What will you do as a VP Product & Experience at Lightyear?
Your mission is to build a team that discovers, defines and delivers the right set of products that customers love to achieve Lightyear’s mission. You ensure that Lightyear’s current and future products are clearly mapped with current and future market needs in the EV market globally. You will help create a multi-generational product roadmap that leverages Lightyear’s core technology to describe how future products can meet the highest standards that the team has put on paper.
You work across all technical and business disciplines to set the direction and drive the development of Lightyear’s next-generation products. You’ll be working with the Commerce, Strategy, and Technology groups, as well as engaging with customers. The ideal individual has a strong design, engineering, and tech background and enjoys challenging and facilitating the team to come up with a disruptive product to market that fits customer needs. Within the scope of the mission and thus context as described above, we’ve set a few key objectives which can be considered as means to your mission:
To give you a clear overview of your responsibilities, we’ve captured the most important ones below:
- Be a driving force in defining and realizing the vision of clean mobility experiences that deliver meaningful value to current and future travelers.
- Develop a product experience and translate this into a product roadmap towards Lightyear’s mission through iterative product strategies.
- Build and guide a world-class team that is capable of shipping compelling, end-to-end products and services that deliver the best Lightyear experience on the planet to enable a true, mass shift to low-carbon mobility.
- Be a decisive voice in discussions between commercial sustainability, technological innovation, and customer experience & safety.
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, engineering, and other parts of the company to execute further product development
- Build, and nurture a community with the best product designers, product researchers, product managers, and project managers on the planet.
- Create a compelling vision and product strategy culminating with the delivery of a highly desirable disruptive product to market that responds to unmet and important customer needs.
- Develop a culture of relentless innovation and delivery of value for Lightyear customers. A culture that is creative and conceptually agile, open to failing fast and learning from it.
- Drive products that excel mobility experiences from concept through launch.
- Responsible for end-to-end success of Lightyear’s product portfolio. Facilitate ability to define, prioritize, and communicate complex and integrated products. Develops and manages product portfolio, from concept through to End of Life.
- Drive uncharted, high-velocity programs, and manage multi-dimensional priorities and risks. Navigate highly complex organizational systems.
What do we expect from a VP Product & Experience?
In order to succeed in the role as a VP Product & Experience, you have a deep passion for decarbonization of the global mobility fleet, renewable energy, and high-tech systems. You feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced, high-tech, high-profile start-up where decisions and progress must be made with imperfect information. Furthermore, you bring along:
- Minimum: B.S. in engineering, design, or physical science
- 10+ years of tech industry experience, 5+ years of product management or design experience
- A demonstrated track record of bringing hardware product offerings to market that demonstrated not only an excellent product but above all an excellent, unique, and consistent customer experience
- Experience with a hardware design and product development cycle and best-of-class practices
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, high-tech, high-profile scale-up where decisions and progress must be made with imperfect information
- Demonstrated success in organizing collaboration in a highly interdisciplinary setting with strategic/product/technology context
- Experience in translating the vision into product/service concepts that offer unique customer experience
- Excellent communication with influencing skills, great storyteller, including verbal, written, and visual aids.
- Ability to prioritize and build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers.
- On a personal level you can relate to the following characteristics; you’re able to adapt to new situations swiftly, the ability to ask critical questions. You’re an excellent communicator with positive influencing skills and you’re a strong listener.
- Furthermore, you’re creative and conceptually strong. You’re able to make connections quickly and come up with the right mental models to provide answers to ambiguous questions.
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive, and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere.
Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.
Want to join?